3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can I make an Auction Manager? (Access 2000)

<P ID="edit" class=small>Edited by JenniferS on 23-Aug-01 15:30.</P>Is there any way to design a program using Access that I can use to upload auctions to Ebay. I'd also like to be able to download the information after the auction is finished. Does anyone know how I would go about this? Or can this even be done with this program? Would appreciate any help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can I make an Auction Manager? (Access 2000)

I know nothing at all about eBay except that it exists. What does an "auction" consist of , where would you be uploading it to, and what file format would you be uploading?
    Charlotte

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

When you go to put an auction up you have to select which category you want your auction to go in and then you have to enter your UserID and password. You then get the form that asks you for the auction information: Title; Description (in the description you can enter some html to add in some extra pictures); your Main Picture; Location (city, state, etc.); Length of your auction (3, 5, 7 or 10 days); and then there are some other boxes that you check off for the kind of payment you want to receive (e.g. money order, personal cheque, etc.). Also, in between these are some boxes that ask for info that I don't need to put in so how would you leave these out? At the end of the form there is a Submit button that goes to a preview screen before you confirm posting of your auction.

I want to be able to design a program that can bulk upload several auctions at a time. Then I want to be able to download any additional information when the auction ends (like the name of the winner, winning bid amount). I then want to set it up with a section under each auction where I go to e-mail the bidder, put in the shipping cost of the item, and how they paid.

I don't know if you can do this with Access. I know there are a few programs that you can buy that can do this, but I just wanted to see if I could make one up myself. I just don't know how you would find out where to transfer the data into Ebay and how to get it out.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm with Charlotte on this one. Don't know anything much about eBay. But, there are a number of freeware, shareware products that appear to do what you want with out re-inventing the wheel. Try searching Google for ebay automation software or take a look at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.slaughterhouse.com/ebay.html>this site</A> Some appear to have the ability to interface with existing database formats.