2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Text boxes (2003)

Hi there
    I hope this isn't a silly question as I seldom use Vision. When I use connectors and I double click I can add text. However, how do I move these textboxes ?? Some of them aren't looking all that good where I want them.

Thanks

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Text boxes (2003)

You can always open up the Shape Sheet after selecting the connector. After it is open, you can change its position in the Text Transform group under TxtPinX and TxtPinY. (Change the multiplier to the Width and Height).

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Text boxes (2003)

Here are a couple of other options for you.

1. If the text overlays a horizontal line then sometimes I just add a return to offset the text above the line (since the centre of the text box stays lined up with the line), and make the text background transparent.

2. If I want the text to sit over a different leg of the connector then I would replace it with the 'Layout Connector' which can be found in the Connectors Stencil. This type of connector can be right clicked to allow you to choose how many legs (straight sides) there are and it also allows you to move the text to another leg. The Connectors Stencil can be found in File>Shapes>Visio Extras, and is worth a look to see the variety of different types of connectors that you have available.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia