Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

multipage in 2007 (Word2007)

A long shot but .. please, has anyone tried playing with a multi-page control on a userform in Word2007?
    I have sent a working application to a client. Application runs fine here in 2000 but fails with a runtime error 13 in 2007 on client's (new) machine.
    <pre>Function LoadPages(frmme As UserForm, mpg As MultiPage, strAr() As String)
    Dim pg As Page
    For Each pg In mpg.Pages ' 13</pre>

I have found one reference to a potential problem here, although this is in the context of Outlook. A part of the file (about 1/2 way through the page) states "If you add a legacy Forms 2.0 multipage or tabstrip control to a form region, it may not be possible to save the region. Do not use the multipage control at all. If you need to use the tabstrip control, add some other control to the region first, before you add the tabstrip control."

We single-stepped through to this line of code, then checked Tools, References in VBE. Everything looks OK.

(later)
    Just realised it maybe should be:
    <pre><font color=blue>Dim pg As msforms.Page</font color=blue></pre>

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: multipage in 2007 (Word2007)

Did using

Dim pg As msforms.Page

solve the problem?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: multipage in 2007 (Word2007)

Thanks for the nudge.

>Did using "Dim pg As msforms.Page" solve the problem?
    Well, yes. And No.
    I'm hesitant to say more, but planes are taking off from Toronto every 1m15s right now, so I can escape any time I want (grin!)

In sequence, events were:
    I didn't have a problem here using Word 2000.
    Client said they had a problem there using 2007.
    Client said they had a problem there using 2003.
    I didn't have a problem here using Word 2003.

I made the change to "msforms.Page"
    It still works for me.
    Client now reports: "Resolve Object variable not set issue (form does not pop up on first run, second run it does appears to work fine afterward however as discussed this could be a bad thing once live and in the hands of data entry operators)"

That is, the darn thing seems to work after it makes its first failure. Some sort of initialization issue in my code?
    My time has been focussed (by the client) into getting the basic data entry mechanism into place so that they can start keying in the 2,000 forms on hand plus the 150 or so that arrive each day, now.

I have registered the "bug" in my log, so it won't be forgotten. I have learned to hate, with a passion, unresolved issues; they often point to larger, hidden issues.
    If all else fails, next time I rent a car and drive up there, I'll single-step through the Word2007 code and see what is happening.