5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

10 SUBs Reports! (Access2003)

I have a Report that containing 10 SUB Reports. No there were no toher way doing it. They all have different headers and sorting.

Report run off the Form that has 2 combo boxes where you select 2 Values or none in both. In case when no value was selelcted Report should bring data for all Regions and All Managers.

Main Report's Page Header has Region and Manager.

I had places all Reports into Region Group and linked by Region and Manager.
    Somehow it seems not correct. Am I right to assume I need a diffent placement group? Thanks

I have code I am using to filter Report (on Click of the cmb when Report is starting to run):

If Not IsNull(Forms!RetReports!cmbMngr) Then
    strWhere = "Manager=" & Chr(34) & Forms!RetReports!cmbMngr.Column(0) & Chr(34) & _
    " And [Region]=" & Chr(34) & Forms!RetReports!cmbRegion.Column(0) & Chr(34)

End If
    __________________________________________________ _______

I have also inserted same code on Open event for each SUB.
    Is this seems correct approach to you?
    Or should my SUBs react to the Linked fields?
    And does this code means IF values are not selected - give me all Regions and Managers?

Thanks so much

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 10 SUBs Reports! (Access2003)

You shouldn't need code in the On Open event of the subreports - since they are linked to the main report by region and manager, the subreports should automatically restrict themselves to the regions and managers displayed in the main report.

> And does this code means IF values are not selected - give me all Regions and Managers?

You already asked that in another thread, didn't you?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks!

I apologize for the repetitiveness but these 'over-engineered' Reports are such a pain and I am about to release them in a wild ond open-I am so nervous and wanted to double make sure! When these are out - I am goin to be making more of the similar ones and be off your hair, thanks and I am sorry again.

What I forgot to ask is - do you think placiing SUBS into Region Group is correct way to go?
    Do I need Manager grouping and if yes, do I need to have a Header for it or not?
    Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I think you should sort by region then by manager, and that the subreports should be in the header for manager.