Thanks

Images in E-mail (Word 2007)

If I'm using Word as my e-mail editor in Outlook, I have a couple questions:

First, I opened an html file that I had that was 1018 bytes in Word. When I resaved that file (as a web page to be used as an e-mail) it saved at a size of 23,814 bytes. Is all that add-on *really* necessary? Although I think I know the answer to that, since Outlook uses Word, I'll have to bit the bullet and let Word do whatever, right?

Secondly, if I want to put a graphic in Word, and I do not want it referencing back to my file, then I embed it, right? But if I do that, Word creates a separate folder with the graphic and other data files.

But then, how will I use that as an e-mail template, will all those files have to "travel" with any e-mail I send?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks

Re: Images in E-mail (Word 2007)

Did you re-save your HTML file as HTML or as a Word document? There is "overhead" in a Word document, of course, but even in HTML, Word adds information that enables you to more easily work with that document in Word in the future. If you save as "filtered" HTML, then there is less of this additional material in the file.

I don't fully understand your second question. If you want an image to appear in a message, and it is a local image on your computer, then yes it will need to be sent with every message. If, on the other hand, you embed a link to an image on the web, the recipient will need to be connected to the internet and to approve downloading images before seeing it.

Thanks

Re: Images in E-mail (Word 2007)

Jefferson:

Paragraph one in your response solved the size problem pretty much, Thanks.

My second question you answered as well. It came up because my connection died this morning, and then of course any graphic in my e-mail or letterhead didn't work...so I was hoping that there was "clean" way to preclude that from happening...sim,ple answer is "No."

Oh well...

Thanks,
    Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"