3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Make Print Scrn key work again

<P ID="edit" class=small>Edited by DaveA on 22-Aug-01 13:40.</P>Nice little piece of freeware - actually lets you use the Print Scrn key on your keyboard for printing your screen. Also has features to let you pick and choose which portions of the screen you want to print. PrintKey2000 takes you right to the download.

Corrected link
    Ed
    "Somebody left the cork out of my lunch." - W. C. Fields

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Make Print Scrn key work again

I couldn't tell from the site, but is it supposed to work for other Windows versions or only for Win98? And BTW, is this supposed to send the screen to the printer or to the clipboard? If the latter, what's wrong with Alt+PrtSc?
    Charlotte

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Make Print Scrn key work again

Hi Charlotte -

Works just fine with Win9x, WinNT - don't know 'bout the others. Yes it seems to send it to the clipboard, but it also has an option where you can select which portion of the screen shot you want, plus you can also save it in different formats (.gif, .bmp are two that I have used - haven't tried .jpg yet). There are other options as well, it also shows the date and time printed on the bottom of the page - I really have not played too much with it - but I sure like it for documenting stuff on our systems at work. To each their own...
    Ed
    "Somebody left the cork out of my lunch." - W. C. Fields

Thanks
    [quote name='edsmalley' post='68138' date='27-Aug-2001 17:16'][/quote]

I have been using PrintKey2000 for years and just recently have been forced to start using Vista. Do you know if will work on that OS?

Thanks.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='SadieAnn' post='781368' date='23-Jun-2009 19:37']I have been using PrintKey2000 for years and just recently have been forced to start using Vista. Do you know if will work on that OS?[/quote]

Not according to Compare Printkey 2000 and Printkey-Pro.

Joe
    Joe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I can't get the link to work in any form. Here's a page that says the program has been eliminated or replaced:

PrintKey-Pro

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='SadieAnn' post='781368' date='23-Jun-2009 19:37']I have been using PrintKey2000 for years and just recently have been forced to start using Vista. Do you know if will work on that OS?[/quote]

If you are primarily using Printkey to capture and save screen shots look at the Vista snipping tool. You may have to install it which is easy to do - you just go to Control Panel | Programs | Turn Windows features on or off. Make sure "Tablet PC Optional Components" is checked.

Joe
    Joe

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    "Snipping Tool" comes with Vista and is a great tool, all one needs to is add it to the Quick Launch and then it is there for ones use.
    It is in the system32 folder, or try the instant search by tying in Snipping Tool and it will appear at the top of Start Menu.

Shame that there is no "Hot key" but one should be able to defined one.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks
    Thanks for the help y'all. I am a little overwhelmed with the new OS, I can't find anything. Oh well, learning something new is always good. I will give the Snipping Tool a spin.

Thanks again,
    Sadie Ann

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='SadieAnn' post='781734' date='25-Jun-2009 12:50']I am a little overwhelmed with the new OS, I can't find anything. I will give the Snipping Tool a spin.[/quote]

Try Start | All Programs | Accessories. If it is not there you need to install it as I mentioned before.

You can also just go to Start and type "snip" in the search box.

Joe
    Joe