New Lounger
    Thanks

RTF Document Converting Text Format in Text Box (Word 2000)

Hi
    I have a template that has been saved as an RTF. Within that template are various text boxes. I am then having references within those text boxes for example ~Pa1~. I save each of these references as Arial size 10 Regular. I save the document and it is ok.
    When I re-open the document, the text has converted to Bold. Sometimes the text also converts to Verdana bold. Each time I save it, it changes. For example say I have 3 text boxes, text within each of them are arial, 10 regular. I open the document, the first may remain as it was but the other 2 change to bold. The next time I open it, it may be that the 2nd one has changed to regular and the 1st back to bold.

Any ideas?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: RTF Document Converting Text Format in Text Box (Word 2000)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

That sounds like an unusual problem - Word shouldn't change formatting spontaneously when reopening a document (.doc or .rtf).
    Perhaps an add-in is interfering; try Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000),197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000)<!/post>.

PS do you mean text boxes created by selecting Insert | Text Box?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions, I will give them a try

I was given the template from someone else but it looks as if it is normal text boxes as when I double click on them it comes up with Format Text Box. Strangely though when I add a new one the problem does not happen. It seems like a problem from the original document I was given. It may be that they have a newer version of Word from me.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I have tried some of the suggestions and with no luck. I have attached part of the document I am working on. I open it, close it without making any changes, re-open it and some of the fonts have changed even though I made no changes. Each time I open it, it is different. So frustrating and bizarre!

It is all of the fields contained within the text boxes. They should all be Arial 10 Regular.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I see text boxes with Arial 10 points and text boxes with Arial 8.5 points (those with just a number in it, and borderless ones with descriptive text.

I do see what you mean though - when I save, close and reopen the document, most of the text toggles from standard to bold or back.
    The problem does not occur when I save the document as a regular Word document - the formatting remains stable when I save, close and reopen the document.

The problem - clearly a bug in the RTF conversion module - appears to be associated with the Heading 1 paragraph at the top. If you format it as Normal, the formatting remains stable.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for that Hans. Yes, there are some boxes that are also 8.5 which should be 8.5 (sorry I never said that). The sizing seems to remain, it is more an issue with the bold/unbold.

The problem I need to save it as an RTF so it runs from one of my programs.

I will amend the heading and see if that does the trick

Thanks again for your help - much appreciated :-)