3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Converting Adobe to MS Word (XP Professional)

We just installed a new Konica copier (J6717) in our office that also scans, placing an Adobe document in the scan folder on our various computers. We need a (low-cost) program to convert documents from Adobe to MS Word. I presently have Solid Converter PDF which I have been using for a long time; however, although it words fine with my HP 3500c, it doesn't work with the Konica; keeps telling me the document contains no text and then just slaps a picture of it up on the screen. The vendor gave us a program called PaperPort but that doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone know of a program we can use, hopefully something I can download quickly to see if it works before we buy?

Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Converting Adobe to MS Word (XP Professional)

An OCR program such as Nuance - OmniPage should be able to scan to a Word document.

See the thread beginning at <post:=687,017>post 687,017</post:> for PDF-to-Word conversion, and pdf to word - Google Search.

Thanks

Re: Converting Adobe to MS Word (XP Professional)

I have used version 4 (previous version) of Nuance's PDF Converter. It is effective at recognizing text, but the formatting of more complicated documents often is not what you would have entered yourself. Accurate positioning, accomplished with Text Boxes, often interferes with making revisions because you have to break the text out of its little containers. It's $50 and I did not see a downloadable trial version.