2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

A Few HTML Newsletter email display as source code

This is happening to me and two of my clients that I know of. One or Two newsletters which are sent in HTML are displaying as the source code. All others are just fine. I can find no settings or anything that seems to set these apart from other newsletters. They displayed fine in previous versions of Office on XP. I don't know if it is is Vista, Outlook 2007 or the combination.
    Any ideas?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: A Few HTML Newsletter email display as source code

Office 2007 does not use IE to render HTML as prior versions of Office did. It uses a the Word HTML rendering engine. This is a much simpler engine than IE. I'd guess that the content contains something the engine can't handle. Have you tried to contact the author(s)?

Joe
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: A Few HTML Newsletter email display as source code

That would be a reasonable explanation and also explain why for some newsletter it was bad and then suddenly worked as the publishers made correction for Outlook 2007.

I have not gotten back to the client. He does use the workaround of copying the (if you can't read this go here) link and pasting it into IE7 to the site - OK but a real pain. The publisher seems unresponsive so far.
    Thanks and I will consider this thread complete.