3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

UpDate Disaster (Vista )

Wow, I upDated with KB950582, 951987,952707 and 955020. I don't know which one did it because I did them all together, but a few days later I noticed that things seemed to be slowing down.
    I first thought I had a virus or trojan so did the scan and found nothing.
    Then I was trying to print out an Excel file and when I clicked on print it took about 3 min for the print box to come up and then would crash.
    I thought it was perhaps the file. I then loaded it into Open Office and it did the same thing.
    It then dawned on me about the up dates.
    I rolled back to before them and Bingo, all it well.
    Like I said I don't know which one did it, but I don't have the time right now to load one at a time to see which in the offending loser....
    Michael

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: UpDate Disaster (Vista )

Thanks for your reply...
    Yes I do have sp1, (sorry I should have listed that first.)
    Here are the one that I checked. and Yes I notice that it is 709.
    When I have time I will do them one at a time and see what happens.
    Or...perhaps it was something else too.....
    thanks again
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Michael

Star Lounger
    Thanks

1. Should "952707" in your post read "952709"? If the latter there are two versions of the update, one for 64-bit Vista and the other for 32-bit Vista. If you downloaded manually did you select the right version?
    2. Had you updated to SP1 before installing the KB952709? SP1 is a prerequisite for this update.
    3. I have all four updates and use Office 2007 with no problems on Excel.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts

There have been some issues with 952709. If you install one at a time, I'd leave that one for last. You might also try downloading the patch separately and installing it yourself - A reliability and performance update is available for Windows Vista SP1-based computers.

You may just be better off waiting to see if Microsoft updates the update. See AskWoody.com Even more problems with KB 952709, KB952709 update kills Palm device - TechNet Forums, Upgrade Windows Vista to 6001.18063.080425-1930 with KB952709 Update My Digital Life, & Update for Windows Vista SP1 (KB952709) Officially Released for Free Download My Digital Life for more information about the patch. Looks as though there have been several issues.

Joe
    Joe