New Lounger
    Thanks

burning mov files

I am running Windows Vista Home premium. When I import video from my Olympus digital camera it is in .mov format. I have video of a couple of my kids weddings that I would like to burn to a DVD so I can give them to the kids, also some vacation videos. I can watch them on my computer using Quick Time or Real Player but is there a program that will burn .mov files to DVD so that they will play on a regular DVD player? I have tried Nero and Roxio. Also tried VSO Convert X to DVD, which is supposed to work for Quicktime files. Kept getting failure message when trying to load my .mov files. Windows will not recognize it. I was successful one time last year using Nero to make a VCD of a couple files but now it will not recognize the .mov file when I try to add the .mov movie file to create a VCD. I called Olympus but they were no help. Said they just help with the camera, not with any burning tech.
    Thank you for any help.

Thanks

Re: burning mov files

You might be able to convert the MOV to an intermediate format that your other software accepts. Try RAD Video Tools (free) or QuickTime Pro (not free).

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Edited by Bigaldoc to add URL code.[/i] See the Quick Guide, or the 1-Click TagPanel, or even <!post=this StarPost.,438749>this StarPost.<!/post>

I use Advanced X Video Converter 5.0 it is free to try about AUD$30 to buy.
    Should do the trick.
    Gus

Video Software - Free Software Downloads and Software Reviews - Download.com

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I ended up trying AVS Video converter 6.2. I converted the .mov files to .avi. Then I used Nero to burn the new .avi files onto a Video CD. So far, seems to work. Just have to be careful when converting to .avi. If you convert more than one file at a time it merges all into one .avi file so there is no separation anymore, and if you had two or more different subjects they would now be playing together as one. Example: If you had a 3 minute wedding file and a 4 minute vacation file and a 4 minute birthday file all converted at the same time you would now have a 11 minute merged video file that would play as the same movie.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well I haven't tried the converting part ...but when you use Nero to compile several avi clips can't you create chapters to keep them seperate? That's what I've done in the past - or does this only apply to DVD creation as opposed to Video CD maybe?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Yes you can create chapters using Nero, but that only applies to individual avi files. When you convert more than one mov file at a time before using Nero, it makes 2,3,4,5,6 (however many) mov files into One avi file. If you want to keep them separate, only convert One mov file at a time.