New Lounger
    Thanks

Create one contact in two contact folders (Outlook 2003 SP2)

Hi, we have a user in the office who has asked the question about whether or not its possible to create one contact but to get Outlook to create it in two contact folders at the same time. To explain the first user currently creates a contact in her own contacts folder in Outlook. She then holds down the control key and clicks and drags the contact into the second user's contact folder. Obviously holding down the control key creates a duplicate contact. However, the second user thinks that there should be a quicker way to do it rather than the first user having to create the contact in their own contacts folder and clicking and dragging a copy into the second user's contacts folder. I have said that as far as I am aware its not possible but said that I would ask the question anyway. Can anyone help? If you need anymore information just let me know. Its been a long time since I've posted anything on the lounge newsgroup.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Create one contact in two contact folders (Outlook 2003 SP2)

No, a contact cannot be in two folders at the same time.

Are you on Exchange server? If so, you could create a contacts folder in Public Folders and give some or all users permissions on this folder.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi HansV. Thanks very much for the response.

In answer to your question, yes we are on Exchange server. We have a contact folder in Public Folders to which all users have access and into which they save general contacts, but the users here like to keep private contacts in their own contacts folder.

Regards.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

In that case, they'll have to copy the contacts between their private folders.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

You might want to check some of the tools at Data Entry and Updating Tools for Outlook. There are many listed plus links to other sections.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Joe. I'll have a look to see if there is anything that might be of interest.

Regards.