davebean

Automatic zipping in Outlook (Outlook 2000 SR-1)

Hello,

Thanks to those of you who helped me with my Iomega ZIP problems. We shall limp along with ZIP until the next computer when we

Thanks

Re: Automatic zipping in Outlook (Outlook 2000 SR-1)

Have a look at this PKWare <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pkware.com/support/faq/?topic=zipa#q6>FAQ</A>.

Thanks

. . . and if it's not that, I came across this explanation:
    <hr>The source of this behaviour is the program "Quick View Plus" V6.0.1 from Inso Corporation, which is a universal file viewer program. When it is installed, it is integrated into Microsoft Outlook so that a user may view mail attachments without having to launch the associated application. One of the other features which it installs is the ability to compress files when they are attached to an e-mail message.
    <hr>

davebean

Thanks for your prompt reply, Leif. I thought, This must be the solution, but I can't find PKZIP in my list of programs or accessories. A system search with Explorer also finds only three PKZIP icons, but not the programs themselves.

Any more tips?

Thanks again.

David in Linconshire

davebean

I am very grateful, Leif, for your help. I went into QuickView Plus, and I found the auto compress property, and I unticked it.

Now I can send big files to customers without automatic compression. Had one complaint just three hours ago. Now no more complaints.

Great service on your part.

David

Lounger
    Thanks

My thanks too, Leif! This auto zipping was driving me and some recipients crazy. Never connected it to Quick View and was searching for something in Outlook, or Winzip, even Word as my Outlook editor.

Jon

New Lounger
    Thanks

you guys are great thank you, that is indeed the cause, i think there should be a knowledge base article about this on microsoft's web site....