4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Erro 5152 (Word 2000)

Sorry to pose this question here but where can I find all the word errors. I have searched hte Microsfot site but no joy.

I have document with lots of graphics and at certain point in document it displays *Erro 5125 There is not enough memory or disk space to display or print the picture*. There is blank box instead of the graphics. I copied one *empty* graphic to a blank document and it still displays the same message. Any ideas anyone?
    Thanks.
    Robie

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Erro 5152 (Word 2000)

I don't know of such a list. Did you get error 5152 (as in the subject of your post) or error 5125 (as in the text of your question)?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error 5125 (Word 2000)

Do'h. Sorry butter fingers that I am.

Error 5125. I am sure I have seen a list of word errors somewhere but can't remember where.
    Thanks.
    Robie

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Does your PC have enough memory? I have to create a report once a year consisting of about 5,000 pages, with about 2,500 tables and 2,500 .jpg pictures, and although Word gets a bit slow, it displays the document without problems.

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Hi Robie,

It's possible there's been a buildup of .tmp files in whatever folder Word uses for storing its temporary files. You might find that clearing them out fixes the problem. See: <post#=197827>post 197827</post#>
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans: I am not the only one having problems other users are as well. Our memory is 2gb - which should be enough.

Macropod: Deleted tmp files on PC and still the same problem.

I think the document may be corrupt. Will just to process it manually and recreate a new :-(.
    Thanks.
    Robie

Thanks

Sometimes if a document is dodgy, it may help to do the round trip of saving it as an RTF file, then saving again as a DOC. If you keep a copy of the original, you have nothing to lose by trying this.

Ian

Thanks

Thinking back to my Word 2000 days... this error sounds similar to an error that arises when there is a corrupted equation object in a document. Until the corrupted object is deleted, you cannot save the document.

Of course, with pictures, you don't need the underlying object embedding in order to work with the document. Try saving as a new doc, selecting each problem image, and pressing Shift+F9. If you see an {EMBED} field, press Ctrl+Shift+F9 to convert it to an ordinary picture (Ctrl+Shift+F9 unlinks a field code and converts it to its results). This should discard any embedded image editor code. Does it help?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ian: Saved it to RTF - no difference

JScher: Thinking back to your Word2000 day eh! We have just moved on from Word97 :-). The pictures are added to the doc using INCLUDEPICTURE command. Also, most of them are hyperlinked to an external HTML page.

Looking bit more into it - I think it may be to do with TRACK CHANGES! Just guessing here really - there is a build up of track changes where they have kept replacing the graphics on a monthly basis. The original document was created in January. I see that for each current graphic there are about 6-8 saved images with the tracked changes viewing Final Showing Markup. Within the document there are about 45-40 images. I accepted all the changes but it still failed at the same point in document. First few pages are OK (with graphics) but rest are not (blank boxes for graphics).

I guess I will have to go back to the previous working iteration and then start the process all over. I think the document may be corrupt although it doesn't report it as such.

Thanks for all your suggestions so far.
    Thanks.
    Robie

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Hi Robie,

Your description of graphics being replaced by squares certainly suggests the INCLUDEPICTURE links have failed. Two things you might try:
    1. Run the following code:
    Sub AcceptTrackedFields()
    ' Turn Off Screen Updating
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Dim TrkStatus As Boolean ' Track Changes flag
    Dim oRange As Range ' All Range objects in the body, headers, footers & shapes
    Dim Fld As Field ' Field Object
    With ActiveDocument
    ' Store current Track Changes status, then switch off
    TrkStatus = .TrackRevisions
    .TrackRevisions = False
    ' Loop through all range objects and accept tracked changes on fields
    For Each oRange In .StoryRanges
    Do
    For Each Fld In oRange.Fields
    Fld.Select
    Selection.Range.Revisions.AcceptAll
    Next
    Set oRange = oRange.NextStoryRange
    Loop Until oRange Is Nothing
    Next
    ' Restore original Track Changes status
    .TrackRevisions = TrkStatus
    End With
    ' Restore Screen Updating
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
    End Sub

2. Use my Field Link Updater (<post#=261488>post 261488</post#>) to repair the links (Note: make sure 'Track Changes' is Off befdore doing this).
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]