Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Date Time (2002)

Hi,

I'm setting up a time study form. The form has[FromTime] and [ToTime] fields. I have them set as medium date format. When I go to calculate the difference in the time, I tried [totime]-[fromtime] but the answer was wrong. What am I missing?

Thanks,
    Leesha

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Date Time (2002)

You haven't told us in what sense the answer was wrong. Did you format the difference as a date or time?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans,

Oops, sorry. I didn't format it, just used the formula I showed below. I had in [fromtime]] as 1:15 PM and [totiime] as 1:15 PM and expected and answer of 12 for 12 hours but instead got a decimal point answer of .5xxxxxxxxxxxxx something.

Leesha

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans,

I tried formatting the formula and the time difference came out correct however it lists whether its AM or PM and I simply need the total time in hours and minutes OR just total minutes so that I can use it for other calculations. The "ideal" would be to have the difference between the [totime] - [fromtime] in total minutes with the AM or PM. Is there a way to get that in one forumla?

Thanks,
    Leesha

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you want hours and minutes, enter h:mm in the Format property.

If you want minutes, change the formula to 1440*([totime]-[fromtime]) and format it as Fixed, with 0 decimal places.