Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Kodak Picture CD's

Edited by HansV to reduce picture in size - please don't post pictures larger than 640 x 480 pixels.

Loungers,
    I suspect that I won't get much luck here, but it maybe worth a shot....
    I have some Kodak picture CD's that were created as a result of having camera film's developed (Date created 15/10/2002). Using Vista, I have 'checked' the Date Taken display which show's a blank result. Is there something I am missing here, or would this information not be available? There are files on the disc that i am unsure about? It would be great if I could retreive the date taken.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg x.jpg (42.8 KB, 1 views)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Kodak Picture CD's

Digital cameras add info such as date taken in the EXIF (extended information) section of a picture. Pictures taken by an analog camera obviously don't have an EXIF section...
    If you know when the pictures were taken, you can add it - there are EXIF editors.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

I had a feeling i would be unsuccessful. I don't know when all the pic's were taken, hence the need to find out.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Some analog cameras write the date directly onto the film (so that it becomes part of the picture). Lacking that, the information just isn't there.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

No worries, I'm gonna have to retrace my steps. I've a feeling that this exercise is gonna make me feel old!!

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

If you "explore" the CD and have the files listed in "detail view", is the date the data was created listed? Maybe that would at least tell you when you had your pictures developed and give you a starting point?

"Peace begins with a smile. "-- Mother Teresa

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

As per my original post..... The cd's were created 15/10/2002, There are 2 pictures that I would have liked a precise 'taken' date, unfortunately that cannot be obtained. Thanks

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

OOPs sorry, I missed the CDs creation date............ I probably need another cup of coffee and my reading glasses. Good luck retracing your steps back in history.

"Peace begins with a smile. "-- Mother Teresa