Lounger
    Thanks

Corruption (All)

We are currently running an Access application from a terminal server. Each user has their own front end access database from the term serv which connects to the central backend data database on the same server.
    This program has been running fine until recently. During processing the active record on the main "Clients" table becomes corrupt. This then means that most functions become un-useable.
    I have deleted the corrupt records and C&R'd the database. It runs fine for a while then the same problem keeps coming up.
    This problem arising seems to coincide with us changing our remote desktop settings to allow a terminal session to span across 2 screens - I wouldn't think this would make a difference but though I might ask.
    I also read an article about how having two memo fields in the same table can cause issues. I have already taken one of the memo fields out of the main table and stored it in its own table.

Does any body have any ideas as to why this corruption might be happening?!!
    In desperate need.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Corruption (All)

Access is very sensitive to interruptions in the network connection, so I'd suspect the terminal server connection.

Lounger
    Thanks

But there is no connection because its all on the same server???

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry, no idea then. Memo fields don't necessarily cause corruption - many of the databases I designed have memo fields, and some of them have been in use for 9 years now without problems.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Could you expand on "During processing the active record on the main 'Clients' table becomes corrupt"? What kind of processing? Does it only happen then?

Nothing else you've mentioned would seem to me to be a cause. I've never heard of that problem with multiple memo fields. And if you are using terminal server, I don't see how a lost connection would hurt you; as this is just a lost connection between your computer and the server hosting you, but this doesn't affect your session on the server which should retain its connection to the BE database.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.