5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Oracle ODBC connection (2003)

I am linking to some Oracle tables. I created some queries from these tables. Now I am using these queries in another query. I am trying to join these queries. I bring the main query in and run the query - works fine. I bring another query in and try to join using the group Id from each query. I run the query and I get nothing from the second query. When I run the second query by itself (using a group Id from the main query, the record is there but it is like it doesn't see it when I make the join. The strange thing is, I have used these tables and queries before and it worked. I just wondered if anyone else has had this happen and can help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Oracle ODBC connection (2003)

What happens if you import the tables from Oracle into Access and use the imported tables in the queries?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I am doing an outer join from the main query to the second query. When I change it to a one to one join, I get records from the second query. The outer join should work. If a one to one works, why wouldn't an outer join on the main table work? I take the linked tables and create queries from them because the tables contain history so I have to get them down to the most current record by the from and to dates contained in each table.

I have been joining each query in the main query one at a time. I am using the one to one join and I am getting records. The last query I am trying to join is not working. I am running it for one record. I took the number from the field that joins to the last query and manually put it in the last query. It works like that but when I try to join it without putting the number in the last query, it comes back blank. I don't know what is wrong.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I understand that your goal is to get the queries running on the linked tables. But downloading the tables (or some records from them if they're very big) allows you to experiment more freely, and perhaps you could even zip a scaled-down version and attach it to a reply.
    I'm afraid that it's very difficult to troubleshoot a problem if you don't have the slightest idea of what the tables and queries look like...