New Lounger
    Thanks

Area Charts in Excel (Excel 2003)

1) Is it possible to do an "Area-Line" chart in Excel. I have noticed that that option is not available in the standard choices in the pull-down menu?

2) Secondly how can you put different hatching or colours between two lines in an area chart. Assuming my chart showed something like on section for scores between 3 and 4 and one area for scores between 4 and 5. Can i get Excel to show different shading or colour in those two areas?

The attached line chart shows the type of chart i would like to convert to an area line chart. In the past i have been know to do this manually by inserting boxes between the lines, but that is not very efficient or professional-looking.

The answers to these questions do not seem to be in the Excel help menu. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Area Charts in Excel (Excel 2003)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

If you change the chart to an area chart, you can then change the Total Fund Target series back to a line:
    - Select Total Fund Target from the Chart Objects dropdown on the Chart toolbar.
    - Select Chart | Chart Type...
    - Select Line and click OK. The chart type will only be applied to the selected series.

To get the area chart you want, you should arrange the series in the correct back-to-front order:
    - Select a series from the Chart Objects dropdown.
    - Select Format | Series...
    - Activate the Series Order tab.

See attached version.
    Attached Files Attached Files

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Area Charts in Excel (Excel 2003)

Thank you for the response. I thought i knew more about Excel than i did, but now i know how to do proper area charts.

Roger