4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Suggestion on killing an event (MSACCESS 2003)

Listbox Event

Select a record, recorset of form set. Go into edit mode of fields on form no problem.

However to stop a user selecting another record from the list during edit, I have an event on the onclick thats has rembered the listitem that has been selected. If its the same record then no action, however if a different record, then a dialogue appears saying its not allowed, and the stored listindex value resets the list. That all works okay, I did disable the list during the edit operation, but it caused a listbox repaint.

However I have found the listbox gets another click event if the user clicks on a button with no active code in it. Why does it get this second shot? Any ideas how to kill this extra event, as my recordset requeries for nothing? Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Suggestion on killing an event (MSACCESS 2003)

Why not set the Enabled property of the list box to False during the edit phase (or set the Locked property to True)?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans. As I said, I originally set the list to disabled during edit, however the listbox shows two unwanted refreshes, one of them I now no it gets when you offclick the list onto something else. I am getting really fedup with this bug, even wondering whether to dump the listbox for a continuos form. Regards

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I sometimes use a module-level boolean variable named something like blnIgnoreEvents. If I want a control to ignore an event such as the On Click event, I set the variable to True. The On Click event procedure for the control looks like this:

Private Sub MyControl_Click()
    If blnIgnoreEvents = True Then
    Exit Sub
    End If
    ' Rest of the code goes here
    End Sub

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans. When I make the listbox disabled with a command button, it does not get an onlick event on the listbox, so there is nothing to slug. I think I will try and get rid of the listbox. I presume I can use the subform principle to include an unbound form with a continuos form on. Will have a look, but thanks again for your appreciated help.