4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Popup References (MSACCESS 2003)

I have a popup form which has a close button in the footer, however I want it to close when the subform closes (Subform1)
    I started by trying to reference the form by:

Forms!Mainform1!Subform1!ClipsList.SetFocus
    Forms!Mainform1!Subform1,Form.ClipsList.SetFocus

But both fail saying it cannot find the field Cliplist

Next I need to be able to select a row from the popup (Popup contains a continuos form) to get the ID2 value of the record to set the recordsset of the subform.
    At the moment the recordset is selected by a listbox which I am trying to get rid of. Its event is:

Set RS2 = Me.RecordsetClone
    RS2.FindFirst "[ID2] = " & Me![list]
    Me.Bookmark = RS2.Bookmark

Set RS2 = Nothing

Be glad to kiss the listbox goodbye, thanks

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Popup References (MSACCESS 2003)

i have now put a command button on the continuos form in my popup. I have set is caption in the oncurrent event to be the value of ID2.
    I have a label on the subform, and have managed to fill its label with the ID2 value of the command buttons caption (OnClick) However I am now stuck as to setting the subforms (Subform1) recordset from the popup control button.

My old Bookmark code is in the previos post. Regards

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It's not clear what you want to set the record source of the subform to, and why. Normally, the record source of a subform is filtered automatically by means of the Link Master Fields and Link Child Fields properties.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans. I have a mainform bound to a Parent table, on which there is a subform bound to a Child table. On the subform was a listbox that was filled with all the related child records. Clicking on the litbox set the recordsource of the subform to that record. The tables are in a one to many. I am trying to use a continuos form in a popup to replace what the listbox was doing. The listbox set the recordset to the record having the value of ID2 (Primary key)

Hi Hans. I have a mainform bound to a Parent table, on which there is a subform bound to a Child table. On the subform was a listbox that was filled with all the related child records. Clicking on the litbox set the recordsource of the subform to that record. The tables are in a one to many. I am trying to use a continuos form in a popup to replace what the listbox was doing. The listbox set the recordset to the record having the value of ID2 (Primary key)

I tried this code in the popup form command button after establishing the ID2 value of the record picked.

Set RS2 = Me.RecordsetClone
    RS2.FindFirst "[ID2] = " & Me![ID2]
    Me.Bookmark =RS2.Bookmark
    Forms!Main!Sub.Form.Bookmark = Me.Bookmark

However if it fails on the last line saying incorrect not a valid bookmark, error 3159.

Hope it makes things clearer, regards

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I still don't understand. RS2 is the recordset of the main form, and you use this to find a record in the main form.
    The subform should automatically display the related records because it's linked to the main form.
    You cannot set the bookmark of a subform to that of the main form, that makes no sense.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans. So I cannot replace the listbox on the subform which set the recordset of the subform by value of ID2 with something on a popup form that selects a value of ID2. So I am stuck with the existing listbox. . Thanks for your help. Best regards

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm sure something can be done but I simply don't understand what you're doing, sorry.