Lounger
    Thanks

Is It Me, OR.... (Vista)

Does anyone else notice on some Windows Vista your welcome Pic (i have the cute kitten) is like 2 inches x 3 inches (like on my HP at computer @ work- its running Vista) but my two home computers running Vista (a Dell Laptop and a Acer Aspire Desktop running Vista) the pic is a tiny thumbnail on the welcome screen. Have looked absolutely EVERYWHERE to try to change its settings so the tiny thumbnail is big like at work computer but "no go" Just wondering if anyone else noticed this or knows how to (easily) change it?!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Is It Me, OR.... (Vista)

Are the screen resolutions the same on ALL machines?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Lounger
    Thanks

yes! they are all the absolute highest, something like 1440 by 900. is it possible its a feature soley of Dell?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I don't know what you mean by "tiny" but perhaps what you're seeing is a feature of <big>HP</big> rather than Dell. I have a Dell and my Vista Ultimate setup includes two user accounts. When the initial Vista screen shows up for me to choose a user, those pics are less than 1 inch square (I didn't try to get a precise measurement). After I choose a user and the second (logon) screen comes up for password, that userpic is about 1 inches square. Does that sound like yours?

Lounger
    Thanks

yes i suppose it IS HP i only know it happens on ONE of them and i LIKED it! but couldn't figure out how to make ALL of them have that big of a pic...at least i know i'm not nuts (well i AM but not about that ) thank you!

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

A handy place to check for things like this is the Welcome Center, which is the nuisance screen that everyone turns off after a few runs, and that can be found under Accessories. Click on Show all 14 and you MAY get it with a bit of exploring.

The highest screen resolution is the one most likely to result in undersized images. (Compare Safe Mode.)