Lounger
    Thanks

Windows or Browser? (xp and firefox 3)

Does anyone know if I can delete a font (Times New Roman), or at least delete it and rename Arial or similar font to "times new roman" so I don't have to see Times New Roman ever? I've just started college and the college online email system uses times new roman on my screen, making it very hard to read.

Also, I don't ever want Windows to use it for anything on my computer. Any suggestions? Thanks! Sam in Bama

Thanks

Re: Windows or Browser? (xp and firefox 3)

Personally I wouldn't delete anything as standard as a basic font. You may be able to fool Firefox into using another font via Tools > Options... and changing the 'defaults' as below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif X.GIF (67.3 KB, 1 views)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Times New Roman is a system font, I don't think it's a good idea to mess with it.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Since you are in Firefox 3, you may be able your browser settings to not allow the browser to use TNR.

Go to Tools / Options / Content - in the Fonts and Colors area click on Advanced... Uncheck the "Allow pages to use...." option.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, everyone. I figured out how to change my Word '03 normal.dot template to a different font, and your suggestions for my browser did the trick! Thanks!

Sam

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

I would strongly recommend do not delete Times New Roman font. It is one of the most common fonts, available on Windows, Macintosh and Unix computers, and is the core PostScript font.
    Without this font, some documents may look distorted and even unreadable.

However, you can configure your computer not to display this font in most common tasks.

- In Internet Explorer, select Internet Options from Tools menu (or from Control Panel), and on the first screen (General) click Fonts button. On the next window select the font of your choice.

- In Mozilla Firefox, select Options from Tools menu, then select Content icon on the ribbon and select the font of your choice.

- In Windows, if your color scheme requires Times New Roman, right-click anywhere on your desktop (but not on an icon) and from pop-up menu select Properties. On Display Properties window, click Appearance tab and then Advanced button. On the next window, select an item from drop-down list and change the font.