New Lounger
    Thanks

Custom Form Error (Office 2003)

Hi. I built a custom contact form using fields from the contact default form. When I open the form I get the message: "outlook property does not exist field you want to modify is not valid for this type of item". Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to stop this? The form does open but it is annoying for the folks I built the form for....Thanks.

Thanks

Re: Custom Form Error (Office 2003)

Do you have any code running when you launch a contact? This might be VBA that runs globally, or script in the custom form itself. Or does Outlook let you create calculation fields?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the response. This is just a simple custom contact form. I renamed labels for 5 fields and then added 3 user defined fields. Any other ideas?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

One or more of the user-defined fields probably cause the problem. What happens if you remove them, then add them one by one, testing the form at each step?

New Lounger
    Thanks

I can try that after morning meetings today. Funny thing is, I have the same form, just a different look, on my computer and no problem at all. It is just the form in the Public folder. That is a big confusion for me. Time I get ready for work. Thanks for the quick response.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi, I tried that and even without the User Fields, I get the same warning message. Anything else you can think of? The MS Knowledge Base had nothing about this except if building a form in Outlook 98 and then opening it in Outlook 2k. I am using Outlook 2003 to build and to use.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I have already checked that out but thanks. I am starting to wonder if the form is just plan corrupt except that after the warning message it does open.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

See if Microsoft Outlook Custom Forms helps. That page is the beginning of several that discuss Outlook forms.

Also, Customizing Outlook Contact Forms might help.

Joe
    Joe