3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Page Numbering (2003)

I inherited a document that contains a Table of Contents and numbered pages. The Table of Contents matches the page numbers and when I have made additions to the document I have performed Update Field -> Update page numbers only and everything matches. However, I have page numbers that start over at 1 after page number 13 in my document.

So the numbers goes 1 through 13, then 1, then 1 through 2, then 1 through 2 then 1 through 2. How do I re-number all of the pages so they don't start over with 1 and get 1 through 20?

Thanks

Re: Page Numbering (2003)

It sounds as though your document has sections in it, and the page numbers are restarting at the beginning of the new section. If you look at the bottom left hand end of the status bar you should see displayed the page number, section number, etc. If you go to the end of the document, and the status bar does not say Sec 1 where I have highlighted below, then that is the case. You then need to go to each section, go to the insert menu, insert page numbers (don't worry, you won't actually insert extra ones) click the format button, and then select the radio button for Continue from previous section. (Also shown below.) Repeat for each section of the document.

Ian
    Attached Images Attached Images

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Page Numbering (2003)

Thanks, Ian. That was spot on!

Amy