Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Security Alerts Help (Vista Home Premium)

I have this Vista for a little over a year now and I have used the Kaspersky 2007 last year and upgraded to the 2008 system and my PC is protected and when I turned on my PC today, I see this red Shield with a X on it icon on the bottom of the screen. When I clicked on it and open the Security Center and it shows the Firewall, Automatic Updating, Malware protection sections with the settings on the right side of it and they all are good except for Malware Protection which says Kaspersky Security Internet says that it is turned off. I tried to turn it on but it says Yes, KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY REPORTS THAT IT IS TURNED OFF,,,, HOW DO i TURN IT ON?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: Windows Security Alerts Help (Vista Home Premium)

See if KIS not communicating with Vista (x64) - Kaspersky Lab Forum or Vista thinks KIS 2009 is off - Kaspersky Lab Forum help. You might consider looking or posting in the Kaspersky forum since the problem seems to have occurred since you updated.

Joe
    Joe

Lounger
    Thanks

I went Live chat with Kaspersky and they say it may be just a glitch with Microsoft, out of date, etc but as long you see the K icon and it says computer is Protected,,,,there is nothing to worry about because the system has everything and is well protected. Thanks

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

This happens to me on the rare occasion as well although I'm using KAV 2009 not KIS 2009. A quick way to temporarily fix this is when the Security Shield is displayed, right-click on the RED Kaspersky icon in the Notification Area (aka: System Tray) and choose: "Pause protection...". Choose any of the three options, e.g., "Resume Manually". Then simply right-click the Kaspersky icon again and choose "Resume protection...". The Security warning should then disappear. YMMV
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

It is good to have the assurance that your software is up-to-date. Proper communications with the Security Center has been an issue with some security vendors since the Security Center was introduced in XP SP-2.

Joe
    Joe

Lounger
    Thanks

I turned the PC off for the night and turned it on today and the Security Center is all lit up green and it is back to normal. I always leave the auto updating off and manually update them when Woody says it is all good to go. Thanks guys for the help.