4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Storage of Saved Attachments ??? (7)

good citizens...

I screwed up…I e-mailed a 'Publisher' file to my work PC...opened it at work...made some critical changes...printed it...all was fine. I had saved my changes as I went, including the very last one.

Then, I return forwarded the same e-mail back to my home PC. Then just for the hey of it...I opened the attachment from the 'Sent Items' folder…which I assumed contained the saved file...but to my astonishment it was exactly the same as prior to my changes.

So...somewhere on my work machine...is the saved file in some temporary folder. Does anyone know where this is ???

(I'm leaving OE open 'till I hear back...for fear of loosing that saved file if I close it).

Thanks much,

mark4man

BTW - sorry...make that v6...no 7 yet...was thinking of IE in my haste
    ADK Pro Audio Quad Pro, w/ Intel Core i7 2600 CPU | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM | Seagate 500 GB SATA II (Primary) HD | Seagate 1 TB SATA II (Audio Data) HD | Win 7 Pro 64-Bit | Lynx Aurora8 ~ AES16 | Universal Audio UAD-1 | Cakewalk SONAR PE XI | Steinberg WaveLab 7 | NI Komplete 5 | Band-In-A-Box 2012

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Storage of Saved Attachments ??? (7)

Try "Documents and Settingsuser nameLocal Settings Temporary Internet FilesOLK1094"

The last folder my be a different number

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

no such animal on my machine

follow-up...I have a OLK3B under Cocuments and SettingsAll UsersTemporary Internet Files...but I just did a search of the entire drive for all *.pubs; & have nothing (related to that file). Oh, man
    ADK Pro Audio Quad Pro, w/ Intel Core i7 2600 CPU | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM | Seagate 500 GB SATA II (Primary) HD | Seagate 1 TB SATA II (Audio Data) HD | Win 7 Pro 64-Bit | Lynx Aurora8 ~ AES16 | Universal Audio UAD-1 | Cakewalk SONAR PE XI | Steinberg WaveLab 7 | NI Komplete 5 | Band-In-A-Box 2012

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Try opening the original file again and then select "Save As" in Publisher. That should show you the path where the file got saved. Then just cancel the 'save as'.

Joe
    Joe