Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Yes No appearance in list (2002)

Hi,
    I have a user that has list that shows the results of controls that are yes/no for data entry. When the list was first built it showed the results as "true", "false" which was fine with the user. Now, for reasons know only the God, the list shows 0 and -1 as answers. They would like the "true", "false" back. There have been no changes made to the form that gathers the info or to the form that shows the final results. I'm not sure what happened and am not sure how to get the verbage back vs the numbers 0 and -1. I tried clicking on properties to see if there was a way to change it there but nothing seemed to work.
    Thanks!
    Leesha

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Yes No appearance in list (2002)

Open the form in design view.
    Click on a combo box (or list box, whatever you have) to select it.
    What are the settings for:
    - Number of Columns (in the Format tab of the Properties window)
    - Column Widths (idem)
    - Row Source Type (in the Data tab)
    - Row Source

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans,

The form contains a list that has multiple columns that the user uses to view all of the rows of data entered. The list on this form has 11 columns all set to varying widths. The list is not used to select from to enter data. Rather, there is another form that is used to enter data. On that form there is a yes/no control that select if the employee has insurance. If they have insurance they put a check in the box, otherwise the box is left unchecked. If I look at the data in a query, the boxes that had checks on the form show checks in the query. However the list is showing 0 and -1 as answers and it originally showed "true"/"false". The column in question is column 7 (ID is column 1 and is not shown) and the size is set to .05". This is how the row source reads:

SELECT tblCertificateofInsurance.ID, tblCertificateofInsurance.[DATE (data entry)], tblCertificateofInsurance.[WALMART #], tblStoreDemographics.[SUBWAY NO], tblStoreDemographics.[STORE NAME], tblCertificateofInsurance.[Certificate Date], IIf([Renewal]=0,"No","Yes") AS Renewals, tblCertificateofInsurance.[Check File Date], tblCertificateofInsurance.[Emp Initial], tblCertificateofInsurance.GHInsuranceName AS [Insurance CO Name], tblCertificateofInsurance.[COMMENT (General)] AS COMMENT
    FROM tblCertificateofInsurance RIGHT JOIN tblStoreDemographics ON tblCertificateofInsurance.[WALMART #] = tblStoreDemographics.[WALMART NO]
    WHERE (((tblCertificateofInsurance.[WALMART #])=[forms]![frmCertificateofinsurance]![txtWalmartNumber]))
    ORDER BY tblCertificateofInsurance.[DATE (data entry)] DESC;

Leesha

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Could you post a stripped down copy of your database? See <post#=401925>post 401925</post#> for instructions.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans,

I dialed into their computer to get the most current copy of the database. The list on the form contains less info than I originally sent so that I could maintain confidentiality. When I openned the database on my laptop, the list runs fine!!! If I hadn't seen this with my own eyes I'd think they were nuts. Their database runs on a server if that makes any difference, with backend tables. I'm enclosing the stripped DB in case you see something that isn't right. Their [renewal] column shows 0 and -1 for answers.

Leesha
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I see Yes/No too, but I'm using Access 2002 at the moment.

There were problems with list boxes and combo boxes in Access 2003 SP3. These can be solved by installing the Access 2003 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package: December 18, 2007. You could ask whether your client has SP3, and if so, whether this hotfix has been installed (on the PCs running Access, the backend doesn't matter). If not, it's worth a try to download and install it.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans! I'll give that a shot.

I appreciate the help.

Leesha

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Hi,

Thought you'd like to know that sure enough, 4 of the 7 machines have SP3 on the them and they all have issues. Two others have SP2 and are fine and the last machine has office 2007 and it is fine. I'll try the hotfix you recommended and see what happens.

Thanks!
    Leesha