4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Msg Box on open (2007 SP1)

Had a seach for this, but to no avail.

We have a security question over some internal documents; they should be kept internal! What I'd like to do is have a warning message appear when a specific document opens, letting the user know that this file is not for public consumption .

Alternatively, is there any way that save, save as, print, etc can be disabled on an indivudual file basis?

TIA

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Msg Box on open (2007 SP1)

You could, of course, put a warning message at the top of the document itself.
    You could use VBA code to display a message when the document is opened, but if the user doesn't enable macros, the message won't be displayed.
    You could also use VBA code to disable printing and saving, but this has the same problem: it won't work if the user disables macros. Moreover, the users can copy the file in Windows Explorer, and if they can view the document, they can make a printscreen and save/print that...

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Cheer Hans. Had a feeling it wouldn't be an easy solution and I don't think this is it either.

Ho hum.

Thanks

Is it possible to do something with an ASK field?

Coincidentally, I just listened to a webinar on Data Leak Protection (DLP) featuring LeakProof. If this is highly sensitive information, you might consider whether investing in that type of software would be worthwhile. I suspect it is not inexpensive...