2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Relationship (11.8166.8202)

I am attempting to change a field's data type from one lookup table to another however I keep getting the message that I can't do this because it is part of one of more relationships and for me to first delete the relationships in the relationships window. I have gone to the relationships window ensured all of my tables are reflected in the window. I have clicked on the "show direct relationships" and "show all relationships". Deleted all relationships shown. Saved and exited the relationships window yet I am still getting the same message. What am I overlooking?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Relationship (11.8166.8202)

If you defined the lookup in the table design, you may have created a hidden relationship. It might be best to create a new field of the desired data type, and use an update query to populate the new field.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Nor is it allowing me to simply delete this field. Am I stuck w/ this field forever?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Does it help if you perform a compact and repair (in Tools | Database Utilities?)

If not, create a new database and import all database objects. In the Import Objects dialog, click Options>> and clear the Relationships check box. You should then be able to modify the field.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Compact and Repair does not help. I will create a new database and import. However, it is really strange that when I show direct relatonships and show all relationships there are no relationships. Yet when I go to print the relationships and get the print preview I can clearly see that there is a relationship between a table and a lookup table.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I suspect that your database has become slightly corrupt. Importing into a new database without the relationships should correct that.