New Lounger
    Thanks

query and form/sub form, relationships (access 2000)

Bit more advice really,

The end result i have in my head, not to sure as to feasibility. First part would be 5 or 6 combo boxes each populated by the decision in the previous. This allows me to create a query to investigate the database and identify results.

Ideally i want this result to be displayed as a tabulated sub form within the main form. What i would also like to be able to do is add further records to the database using the same subform.

So if the query created using combo boxes gives a number of results i may want to be able to add more results and for them to be added to the database? Whilst i have got my head round the principles of the first part after a little advice as how best to get the subform bit to work.

I would be grateful if someone could offer advice as to the best starting point for this.

Currently this is all in my head and just getting the data organised before actually trying to make this work,

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: query and form/sub form, relationships (access 2000)

See the attached example (it's an old Access 97 database converted to Access 2000). It shows how to use a series of combo boxes to control what is displayed in a subform. If you open frmForm in design view and select View | Code, you'll see how it's done.
    Attached Files Attached Files

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: query and form/sub form, relationships (access

thanks