4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Page setup in Reports (Office 97 SR2)

I have created a report which is to be used on a number of people PCs. It was created on my PC with the page size set to A4. However, when other people open it, it picks up their default, some of which have it set to Letter, which causes some of the pages to go onto 2 pages.
    Is there a way of having a report use the page size originally selected instead of picking up the default page size?
    I know the easy way is to go round everyones PC and change their default, but they tend to winge that their other documents then don't fit! Never can win with some people!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Page setup in Reports (Office 97 SR2)

Maybe you could make the report a little smaller so it fit on a letter format ?

Francois
    Francois

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

It's basically our terms and conditions and they just about fit on the page with it set to A4.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You don't need to change their default, just save the report with their printer and the correct page setup on each PC. The page setup is saved as part of the report, but not finding the original printer causes it to reset to the default page setup, which is Letter and portrait. Once the report is saved on a machine, it should print correctly in the future.
    Charlotte

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Charlotte, I'll give it a go.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

I don't know if your users are on a network but if this is the case you can force the report to print on a specific printer with a A4 default format.
    In report design, go to Page Setup and on the Page tab you can click on Use Specific Printer.
    If your users are not on a network, what do you want your user do to print the report if they do not have the paper format.
    Maybe you can define a printer with A4 default paper and with the same name on each PC and also use the Specific Printer option. You can add a message box before printing to ask the user to put A4 paper into the paper tray of their printer.

I can live with the method of Charlotte but every time you made a change to design of the database you'll have to reconfigure the report on each PC.

Francois
    Francois

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

We are on a network, but it is split over two sites, so we use different printers. However, I didn't know about that option and I may be able to create two versions of the database and send one to each site.
    Thanks for your help Francois.