5 Star Lounger

Open Dialogue Box (Word 2007)

Hello all,

I am not sure if this is a Vista or Microsoft Word question.

On Word 2007, whenever I open a folder, all of the items are displayed as small icon view, which means I have to manually switch them to details in order to get the info I want. Is there a way to get the view to default to details to save the step of swtiching manually each time?

Plutonium Lounger

Re: Open Dialogue Box (Word 2007)

Word should 'remember' the view that you select in the Open (and Save As) dialog. If it doesn't, there are several possible causes:
    <UL><LI>You don't have sufficient permissions to store the setting in the Registry. This is more likely to occur under Windows Vista than under earlier versions of Windows. What happens if you right-click the shortcut to Word and select Run As Administrator from the popup menu? Does the problem persist?
    <LI>There's an add-in that interferes with the setting; in particular the Adobe Acrobat add-in is notorious for messing with user preferences. You could try disabling add-ins temporarily to see if it makes a difference.
    <LI>The registry setting that stores your preference has become corrupt. You could try deleting the Data key. See Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word,197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word<!/post>, in particular the Fourth Step. For Word 2007, the key to look for is HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftOffice12.0WordDa ta.[/list]HTH