5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Latest Norton removal tool

> Windows 98 and ME users should download this version.

Are you sure? Your link does not take you to Symantec's site. This one does;
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/share...n&src=symsug_us

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Latest Norton removal tool

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by joeperez on 02-Sep-08 14:43. word version was not a link. changed it.)</P>Symantec products are notorious for being difficult to completely remove from a PC. |MG| Norton Removal Tool (SymNRT) 2009.0.0.37 is the latest tool to completely remove all traces of most Symantec products.

From the download page:

The Norton Removal Tool uninstalls all Norton 2009/2008/2007/2006/2005/2004/2003 products from your computer. Before you continue, make sure that you have the installation CDs or downloaded installation files for any Norton products that you want to reinstall. Also, if you use ACT! or WinFAX, back up those databases and uninstall those products.

Windows 98 and ME users should download this <A target="_blank" HREF=ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_Removal_Tool_9x.exe>this version</A>.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks

Re: Latest Norton removal tool

Thanks for that, Joe.

I used it this morning to remove a stupid residual piece of Symantec 'stuff' from the Add or Remove window on one of the work PCs that had been annoying me, on and off, for a couple of years!
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...