Star Lounger
    Thanks

Name Autocorrect (Acess XP)

If the a 'proper' name autocorrect add-on or some thing that would really do the job & name change thro' all of a db including macros? I guess like many 'amateur' Access users I often wish I had named things differently & better!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Name Autocorrect (Acess XP)

Name Autocorrect is built-in, not an add-in. Name Autocorrect is *supposed* to do that, but I wouldn't rely entirely on it. It also causes your database to bloat unreasonably and, in Access 2000 at least, was implicated in a whole range of odd errors and problems that appeared to have nothing to do with it but were cured by turning it off.

There are also after-market products like Speed Ferret, from <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.moshannon.com>Black-Moshannon</A> that allow you to rename after the fact, although I'm not sure how many of them support 2002 yet.
    Charlotte

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I haven't actually tested this yet, but I believe if you save your XP database in Access 2000 format (the default), then Speed Ferret should do the trick. The 2000 version of Speed Ferret was only recently released, but in 97 and prior versions it is an indispensible tool. "Total Access Analyzer" (http://www.fmsinc.com/products/analyzer/) is another package that is useful in finding out everywhere that a name is used.
    Wendell

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I know that the latest version of Speed Ferret will run on Access 2000 because I use it. However, since it looks at the entire database, including the forms, etc., I would expect that would *only* work on an XP database if you had saved in in 2000 format.
    Charlotte

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your comments. I'm only an amateur with one db to sort out so I'm reluctant to spend >$100 on the solution & none of the 3rd party products I've been pointed at support Access XP (I know I can save as Acess 2000 change & then convert to XP). I can make autocorrect work for most objects but NOT for macros. eg if I use a macro to open a form & change the name of the form autocorrect will NOT ammend the macro. Is there any solution?

Ian