3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

exchange 5.5 script

in my pursuit of automating a public folder on our exchange server i have now got to the point of editing a javascript asp page to carry out the job.
    I need to move a task from one folder to another when it is checked as complete. I cannot find any (inc. microsoft) any examples of dealing with Task items in javascript (or VBscript for that matter). Can anyone give me ANY clues please ?
    I dont know where the scripts are to be saved, how to refer to a task item, what methods i would need to employ to move the item to another folder.

TIA

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: exchange 5.5 script

FatherJack,

I know nothing about exchange, where it stores things, or what it does.

The only clue I could offer you is, that if it was a discrete item in a folder which needed to be moved to another, you could use the filescripting object.
    Subway Belconnen- home of the Signboard to make you smile. Get (almost) daily updates- follow SubwayBelconnen on Twitter.

Thanks

Re: exchange 5.5 script

If you can find out how it would be done in VBA, where the object model is fully exposed, then you can probably recode it in ASP/VBScript. The usual problems are: (1) how to instantiate the object, since the ASP code typically runs on the web server and not on the Exchange server