1. 3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook won't download email (Outlook 2003)

Outlook on my laptop will not download email. When I use Outlook on my desktop it works fine and when I look at my email on the web it "jives" with what I am seeing on my desktop. I also use NewsGator Inbox for RSS feeds and they seem to be coming through fine on the laptop that is not downloading regular email. I tried "Detect and Repair" with no success. Any thoughts are appreciated !!!

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

3. Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Outlook won't download email (Outlook 2003)

Have you tested the settings under Tool | Email Accounts | View or change existing email accounts | Next | Change | Test Account Settings? What are the results?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    [acronym title="Gday mate!"][/acronym] [acronym title="What up Dude?"][/acronym] UTC -7ąDS

4. 3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I tried that but I guess because I use "Outlook Connector", when you click "Change" a box comes up that just asks for your account name and password for Windows Live Mail and there is no "Test Account Settings". In any case, when I tried my next Send/Receive, A box came up that said to the effect that my Outlook Inbox and Windows Live Mail were not synchronized (no kidding) and would I like to do a sync repair. I chose "yes" and the email has worked thereafter. Thanks for your prompt response.

5. Super Moderator
    Thanks

Are you using "Outlook Connector" on the desk top?
    If NOT, try NOT using it in the laptop and see what happens!

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

6. 3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I am using Outlook Connector on the desktop also. Thanks for the suggestion ... seems to be working now.