Thread: %ramdrvepBurner

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

%ramdrvÞepBurner

Can anyone tell me what the subject process is and how to get rid of it? Is it part of a worm/trojan/whatever?

I see it as a running program or process in the system information window but there is no such program installed when I look at CP ADD/REMOVE Programs. This is running on my wife's system which is also showing some problems with the audio. Do you suppose these 2 things are related.

I don't know when - or by whom - the system was last used. I had to use a boot CD to get WinXP Pro SP2 running.

TIA

Thanks

Re: %ramdrvÞepBurner

The Sysinternals program Process Explorer shows the usual process information plus the executable path (if applicable). This should help you track down this strangely-named process.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: %ramdrvÞepBurner

I would hope whatever antivirus program you have running would have caught any "nasty". However, if that is not the case for you, download and install Malwarebytes' Anti-malware and then run a Quick Scan. This is now one of the best anti-malware programs available. I've used it many times to fix infected machines that were loaded with trojans, spyware and malware. Virus infection is another issue and needs to be addressed with an antivirus program.
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator