New Lounger
    Thanks

menu font (Office 2000 (9.0.8968 SP-3))

How can I change menu font in Office 2k? The "sysfont.reg" doesn't seem to do anything.Is there another way? Thank you in advance.

Thanks

Re: menu font (Office 2000 (9.0.8968 SP-3))

Welcome to the Lounge.

This appears to be controlled by Windows. So in Windows XP which I have, I can right click on my desktop, select Properties, then Appearance, then the Advanced button. There you see a list of all sorts of things for which you can change the appearance. In the "Item" drop down list choose "Menu", then you can change the font to whatever you like. Take careful note of what it is currently so you can change it back if you don't like what you choose.

Ian

Thanks

<hr>The "sysfont.reg" doesn't seem to do anything.<hr>
    Is this a solution offered by Microsoft or by another help site? If you have this .reg file, try opening it in Wordpad and see what it does. Perhaps it sets some registry keys to a particular font, and that font is damaged and needs to be repaired. If you want to post the file, you will need to zip it first, or paste its contents into a Word document (.reg files cannot be uploaded directly to a thread).

New Lounger
    Thanks

In Office2k's Help there is a topic named "Change the Office interface font", where you can find the "sysfont.reg". It just sets the registry value: [HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftOffice9.0CommonG eneral]
    "UseOfficeUIFont"=dword:0
    But my winxp system keeps using Tahoma, whatever font I may choose in Windows Display Properties - Advanced (even after a clean installation, even after changing in registry - font substitutes the "MS Shell Dlg 2" value).

Thanks

Something is odd there then. Mine uses Tahoma too, but if I change the font as I suggested in <post:=731,804>post 731,804</post:>, it changes the font used for everything, including menus in Word and other Office programs.

Ian
    Attached Images Attached Images