Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

HP officejet with vista

Just downloaded suggested driver from Web site and reinstalled our HP 6110 OfficeJet All-in-One to see if I could get it working with our new Vista Home Premium HP laptop. Followed all instructions and the printer is listed and selected, but nothing prints. Furthermore, when I try to change printer preferences prior to printing, the relevant screen just flashes quickly and disappears.

This is rather a specific issue, I realize, but if anyone has a suggestion, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Re: HP officejet with vista

The drivers you downloaded were from HP, and definitely for Vista?

Have you rebooted since re-installing?

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Good questions! Yes, they were from HP and for the specified printer and Vista. The install process included a restart which I did. The only thing I didn't do was uninstall the printer before reinstalling it. I had installed it on this machine when we first got it, but have never been able to make it work. As an FYI, the sales person at the store where laptop purchased suggested getting the 2003 6110 printer (designed for XP) to work with the new Vista laptop was not straightforward as HP didn't have a simple fix on their Web site. I thought the driver install would get around this, but ....

What do you think? Do I just give up on the 6110, which was working fine with XP, and stick with the new printer we had to buy or is it worth pursuing? i'm game but don't want to waste a Lounger's time. You guys are too good to irritate!!!

Linda

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

I'd uninstall everything related to the 6110, even to the point of scanning the registry for leftover entries. Then re-boot and act as if it was the first time I installed the 6110.

NOTE: be sure to run all installs as an adminstrator.

Joe
    Joe

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Also remember that a lot of USB External devices REQUIRE that the software and/or drivers be install FIRST, before attaching the device to the computer.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.