Thread: Outlook (2000)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook (2000)

Very recently Woody's Office Watched advised to install the new MS patch for "Georgi's Exploit" yet it requires SP1 to be installed and earlier Woody's Office Watch strongly advised against installing the SP1 for Outlook 2000. Is the recommendation now that I install the SP1 and then the patch?
    H Lewton

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook (2000)

Woody's reccomendation was against installation SP2 (Service Pack 2), that includes Outlook e-Mail Security Update. Installation of SR1 or SR1a (Service Release 1 or 1a) Patches is strongly reccomended.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook (2000)

Thanks. I run Office 97 but use Outlook 2000. I had a long time ago installed the "SP1" Outlook update but forgot about it because it does not show up that way under Outlook's "Help" "About Microsoft's Outlook" I don't recall a "SP1a" but if it was available, I probably installed it also. Following your advice, this latest patch just now installed perfectly, I think, but the "Help" "About Microsoft's Outlook" still does not show that the SP1 is installed. I guess there's no problem if I am in fact protected.
    H Lewton