Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hiearchy (Access 2000)

I'm way out of my league here. My boss would like me to create a form for our outside sales staff to use when returning product to us. She would like to have them use a button to submit the form to one of five people, depending on the dollar amount of the requested return. I've worked with some codes but my class was sometime ago and I've never created a submit by email button before.

She has requested Microsoft Access and I'm more comfortable with that than anything else but I am concerned that everyone may have different versions of it. I haven't kept up on all of the new technology, is there anyway around that?

Any assistance you can offer would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Theresa

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hiearchy (Access 2000)

As far as the versions go, if you program in Access 2000 your code should work in all newer versions. With Access 2007 any menu's you create will still be available as a ribbon and you may need to modify your code to work around some changes in that version.

In general, you can use a Select Case statement against the amount to see who to send the email to and then use the SendObject method to create the email in a MAPI client. The the list of names change you can build a lookup table to map the amount ranges to the correct name so you don't have to change your VBA code anytime a name changes.