3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Calendar Files (Outlook 2003)

I use Oulook on 2 different computers. On one computer when I click on Calendar, under My Calendars it says "Philip's calendar" and there are NO appointments or entries that I have made. On the other computer, in the same spot it just says "Calendar" and all my entries are there. I have copied all the files from Cocuments and SettingsMy NameLocal SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftOutlook on the properly working computer to the other with no luck. I am using Outlook Connector if that means anything.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Calendar Files (Outlook 2003)

Are you copying your active PST? Are you using the Outlook Connector beta which syncs Calendars with an MSN account?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I copied all the .pst files from the "good" computer to the "bad" computer and that did nothing. I then uninstalled Outlook Connector Beta and installed an older version that was on my "good" computer. Now under My Calender on the "bad" computer it says Caleddar, just like the good one. I just entered an appointment on the "bad" computer and did a send/receive, went to the "good computer" and did a send/receive and it did show up. So the sync seems to work. Now the problem is, on the "bad" computer the Calendar has 490 entries and on the "good" computer I have 2028. Is there any way I can recover those entries onto the "bad" computer ? I have attached my .pst file. Thanks for any help !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I checked Windows Live. The Calendar there had 492 entries and it said that automatic deletions are made for everything over 90 days. The "bad" computer has 489 entries (close enough) and are obviously the recent ones. But the good computer still has 2027 entries. So I guess the question is where and how are they being stored that they stay in Outlook and don't get deleted when it syncs with Windows Live ? While I guess I COULD live with it this way, I would rather not if possible.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Did you age the Calendar entries on the "good" computer? Are non-recurring entries older than about 90 days missing?
    UTC -7ąDS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I am not sure what "Did you age the Calendar entries on the "good" computer?" means ? Non-recurring entries older than about 90 days are missing from the "bad" computer but NOT from the "good" computer.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Could this be the reason:

> ...Windows Live...said that automatic deletions are made for everything over 90 days
    UTC -7ąDS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes I saw that so why on the "good" computer is Oulook holding over 2000 entries ? They must be being stored some where ? And then not being deleted during syncs. Could it be that on the "good" computer I am using an older version of Outlook Connector ?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

If the "good" computer is the source of the old entries, Outlook Connector/MSN may not be deleting those files on its Outlook. Most likely it imported them all and then deleted the old entries in MSN, so the "incomplete" computer syncs only the last 90 days.
    UTC -7ąDS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I guess I will leave it at that since all seems to working well. Thanks for the help !!!