Star Lounger
    Thanks

TOC-remove highlight & missing heading (2003)

I have 2 questions- 1. One of my heading does not show up on the Table of contents no matter how many time I named the tittle to be heading 2. why would this not pick up.
    Question 2. I would like to change the tittle from the TOC to be a little different from the tittle to the corresponding sheet but everytime I tried to put my cursor on that specific tittle the whole table of contents would be selected. It would not allow me to select 1 tittle from the TOC...help...
    Thank you for your time.

Thanks

Re: TOC-remove highlight & missing heading (2003)

The TOC won't update just because you have changed the heading. You have to get Word to generate the TOC again. You could position the cursor anywhere in the TOC and then press F9. You'll be offered a choice between updating the whole TOC or just updating the page numbers. You want to update the whole TOC.

You should be able to type in the TOC. It all goes grey when you put the insertion point there, but you can still type in it. Do it after updating the TOC as above, or Word will overwrite what you type in manually.

Ian

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: TOC-remove highlight & missing heading (2003)

Thank you for your suggestion. It works like a charm