Thanks

Sharing Sub Calendars (Outlook 2003 Exchange)

After almost a year I have finally convinced the powers to be, to use Outlook calendar sharing instead of the one that they were currently using. It takes about 10 minutes to enter 3 appointments into the current system. Hence no one was using it anyway, and e-mails to other participants in the appointment weren't getting through.
    Some people weren't even using Outlook except the web version to get their mail.(They didn't know that they had it on their desktops).
    Scenario: I have set up all of the calendars to be shared, and after about an hour and a half of training, so far so good. Now they want to share a sub-calendar, so that everyone can see a particular training schedule.
    It would look like this: John's Calendar, then another calendar called Training say on my computer. "The John's Calendar" is shared.
    They hit me with this about 5:00 on Friday, and said here's some homework. HAHAHA!
    Can this be done, or can just the main calendar be shared.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sharing Sub Calendars (Outlook 2003 Exchange)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts

What Exchange version? Why not create a server based resource? See Sharing with Exchange Server Public and Mailbox Folders for more information and links.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks

Hans and Joe,
    That is what I have done with the calendars. According to the Microsoft article if I am reading it correctly I should be able to create that sub calendar on everyones laptop and add it too. I will play around with it this afternoon on mine. Of course that is after the Seahawks dispatch the '49's
    thanks guys
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks

Well, the Seahawks didn't dispatch the '49's, but by adding the sub calendar to everyones laptop, we now all have the sub calendar that I needed.
    Thanks John