2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Drawing object moving picture (Word 03 SP3)

This is not the issue with the setting of "Automatically create drawing canvas when creating auto shape." I've already got that turned off. The problem that just started happening a few days ago is that when I have a picture on the page and i attempt to draw a shape on top of the picture, it moves the entire picture to the side. This is something new for me. Do you have any insight as to why this happening?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    thanks
    christine

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Drawing object moving picture (Word 03 SP3)

The Wrapping style for the shape (in the Layout tab of Format | Shape...) is set to Square, while that for the picture is set to "In line with text". This means that the picture is treated as part of the body text of the document, and the body text wraps around the shape.
    The easiest solution is to set the Wrapping style for the shape to "In front of text", so that the text doesn't wrap around it any more.
    You coild also set the Wrapping style for the picture to Square, but this would place the picture in front of the shape. You'd then have to use the Drawing toolbar to send the picture to the back, or to get the shape to the front.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the quick update! Well how in the world did that happen? Is this something that I would have inadvertently done or is this a setting that could have changed with an upgrade?
    thanks
    christine

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Shapes are inserted as floating objects (wrapping style = Square) by default.
    Pictures are inserted as floating or inline with text depending on the setting for "Insertpaste pictures" in the Edit tab of Tools | Options...

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the update...yet again!!!!!!!
    thanks
    christine