Lounger
    Thanks

Wireless mouse (Vista Home Premium)

My HP wireless mouse is not working all of a sudden on my Vista Home Premium, changed batteries and still the pointer on the screen does not move. The red light underneath the mouse is on but I had to get a used mouse with cord and plug in to type this . What can I do to fix the problem or is the wireless mouse dead and need to replace mouse? Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Wireless mouse (Vista Home Premium)

Since a corded mouse works, I would say that you need to get a new one, sorry.
    Try the cordless mouse on a different machine and it does NOT work there then you really should get a new one.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks

A few questions:

Is your wireless mouse receiver plugged in?

Does a light flash on the receiver when you move the mouse?

Have you tried pressing the "connect" buttons on both the receiver and the mouse?

Cheers,
    Regards,
    PaulB

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

As I understand it, a wireless mouse and its USB connector is just a radio and a receiver. If the signal is too weak or there is interference, and things like the battery and the distance and the route and obstacles between mouse and receiver are possible factors, then you have a problem.

Be sure the antenna is securely plugged in and the light on that is on if it has one, then try the mouse on a pad physically close to it and see if it works. If so then increase the distance, and try to get some idea of what does an does not interfere with it and what the range with the present battery is.