4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

PPT/Excel links (2003)

Is there a utility or simple vba macro that will change the links in a ppt file that is linked to an excel file? I have a report that is linked from Excel to PPT. I want another report so i copied both the files and renamed them. The new report is still linked to the old excel file and i'd have to go in and change the links in the ppt to the new excel file. Is there a utility or vba code that will do this easily? Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: PPT/Excel links (2003)

Have you tried Edit | Links... and clicking Change Link...?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

yes, but there are about 50 of them and i didn't want to do them all manually. Was hoping for a macro? thanks

Also, I have another question. I was looking for utilities on net that would do this but couldn't find anything. I did find, however, a lot that "fixed" the links. Do they "fix" the links when I send them to another person and they put them in a different folder structure than i what I use. Sometimes the links get broken or they have to relink to their new folder structure. Do these utilities "fix" that problem? Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The end user would have to install the utility too in order to be able to use it.