Star Lounger
    Thanks

Attachment location (2002 SP3)

I use MS Word as my email editor and I've notice that occasionally when I add an attachment to an email, the attachment is placed in the body of the email instead of in the header section.
    Is there a reason for this and a way to eliminate the placement of email attachments in the body of messages?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Attachment location (2002 SP3)

It depends on the format of the e-mail. In plain text and HTML messages, attachments are listed in the header, below the Subject. In Rich Text messages, attachments are placed in the body of the message, wherever the insertion point is at the moment of insertion. So if you don't want attachments in the body of the message, don't use Rich Text format.

Thanks

Re: Attachment location (2002 SP3)

Adding on to Hans's diagnosis...

In earlier versions of Outlook, if you checked the properties for an SMTP address, there was a checkbox to use Rich Text Format. Later this was changed to a drop-down with various options, defaulting to "Let Outlook decide." This recipient-specific setting might explain why some messages are created in RTF format rather than in your default format.