New Lounger
    Thanks

Mail Delivery Subsystem (2003 SP3)

Every time I send e-mails I receive a Delivery Status Notification Failure that states "Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently" ablheritage@sbcglobal.net. This address is not in my address book anywhere, it is not listed prior to sending in the To: field or after being sent in the sent items To: field. I have run Anti-virus & sypware programs both in normal and Safe Mode, nothing is detected. Please help, I no longer want to send emails to this address or get the Failure notifications. by the way,.. how many other e-mail address am I sending to without knowing.

Thanks in advance for your time. : )

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mail Delivery Subsystem (2003 SP3)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

Have you checked in Tools | Rules and Alerts whether there is a rule that sends a copy of each message after it has been sent?

New Lounger
    Thanks

I had not checked,.. but now I have and there are NO rules that send ,.. the only rule is to move to a folder after receipt. I hope you have another suggestion. please and thank you.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Since you have scanned your PC for malware, and since there is no indication on your PC of why mails would be sent to that specific address, I suspect that the e-mails are in fact not sent by your computer, but by someone else whose computer has been infected by malware and who has your e-mail address in his or her address book. The malware takes an address in the infected user's address book and uses it to send out spam messages with that address as sender. If the spam is sent to a non-existing address, the delivery failure message is sent to you...
    This has happened to me and to several other Loungers in the past, and there is little you can do about it.

New Lounger
    Thanks

thanks,... I will be proactive and ask all those on my list to scan their PC's as well as see if someone might acknowledge knowing who the suspicious e-mail address belongs to. Of course I was hoping for a fix, but you did sorta lighten my paranoia of having cooties myself. again thank you.